My Records and Their Records
Records are evidence that you lived in certain places at certain times. Records are an important part of family history.
- Find your own personal records. A personal record could be an identification card, birth certificate, baptism certificate, report card, etc. What does each record tell you about yourself?
- Why would family history be hard without any records?
- On FamilySearch, find an ancestor you'd like to learn more about. Try to find a record about him or her. (Start by checking the Memories or Sources on his or her profile.) What can you learn just by looking at the record?
- What event is the record about?
- Where did he or she live? When did he or she live?
- What was he or she doing at that time in life?
- Who else is on the record?
Nice! You Did It!
What did you think about this activity?