Save a Memory That Could Be Lost
A memory is lost when a family member passes away before the memory has been shared and saved. Don’t wait another day. Save a family memory before it’s lost.
- Which important memories from your life events, videos, stories, or photos are not already recorded?
- Prayerfully consider who in your family has a family heirloom, a photo, or a story that could be lost. Then offer to help that person save those memories.
- Ask a family member to talk about which family memories are “at risk” for being lost. Have a family night where you retell family stories and record them.
- Record (audio or video) older family members talking about their life events.
- Digitize a photo and have a family member tell the story behind it. Who is in the photo? What is happening? Then upload the photo, tag it, and save the story on FamilySearch as a Memory.
Nice! You Did It!
What did you think about this activity?