Addington Road

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Canada Emigration and Immigration Gotoarrow.png Addington Road

Background[edit | edit source]

The Addington_Road was one of the initial routes surveyed in 1847. The contract to construct the road was awarded to A. B. Perry, who completed more than half of the length from the Clare River to the Opeongo Line by 1856. In the south it began in the village of Clareview and travelled north to the Opeongo Line, where the village of Brudenell was established. From north of Clareview to the community of Ferguson Corners (southwest of Denbigh), Highway 41 follows the old road,[1]

Records[edit | edit source]

Records about this migration route may be found on the following:

Other Pages[edit | edit source]

References[edit | edit source]