Albania Census, 1930 - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Albania, Census, 1930
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Albanian Republic|
|Title in the Language:||Censusi i Shqipërisë 1930|
|Pietermaritzburg Archives (Formerly Natal State Archives), South Africa|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection will include indexes from 1930 from Southern Albania. These records are mostly from Vlorë County, but records from Gjirokastër County and Elbasan County are also included. These records were filmed at the Central States Archives of Albania in Tirana.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are written mostly in Albanian, though there may be some Greek as well. For help reading them see:
- Omniglot: Albanian Language and Alphabet
- Albania Languages
- Greek Genealogical Word List (modern Demotic)
Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Albania, Census, 1930.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
Census Records include:
- Full name
- Parents' names
- Relationship to head of household
- Birth date and place
- Marital status and marriage date
- Immigration or emigration date and place
- Death date
- Literacy skills
- Physical information
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select County
- Select District
- Select Town or Village to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Albania Census, 1930. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Copy down all the information from the record
- Cite the record; see below for help citing this records in this collection
- Use the information to find parents, siblings
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results
- Search the records of nearby locations
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Albania.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.