Albany County, New Hampshire Genealogy
Town Histories[edit | edit source]
Go to Archive.org to find published materials for this town. Albany was an original county of New York created in 1683. Part of Albany County's land claim included territory that would eventually become Vermont and New Hampshire. Even some of Albany's daughter counties would become part of Vermont in 1777, or New Hampshire in 1782:
- Part of Albany County formed 1683 became southwestern Vermont in 1777.
- Cumberland County formed 1766 became southeastern Vermont in 1777 and New Hampshire on the east side of the Connecticut River in 1782.
- Gloucester County formed 1770 became northeastern Vermont in 1777.
- Part of Charlotte County formed 1772 became northwestern Vermont in 1777.
- For records of Albany County prior to 1777, see Albany County, New York Genealogy.
- For records of Cumberland and Gloucester counties since 1770, see their respective present-day Vermont counties.
- For records of eastern Charlotte County 1772-1777, see Washington County, New York Genealogy.
- For records of eastern Charlotte County 1777-1781, see Bennington County, Vermont Genealogy.
- For records of the east side of the Connecticut River in Washington County, New Hampshire Genealogy 1781-1782, see New Hampshire
- A few records from Vermont and New Hampshire prior to 1777 may also be found at the New York State Archives.