Alpine Utah North Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location & Map:
- 1125 E Alpine Boulevard, Alpine, UT 84004 United States
- Link to map using Google or other map sites
- Handicap parking and access
Phone: 801-492-4908. Only available during center hours.
- Closed through December 2020 due to COVID.
uesday 10-12 am Tuesday 7-8 pm, (extended if needed) 1- 4th weeks, for 5th week appointment call Dean Payne (see stake directory or call center Tuesday 1 to 3 pmwhen open.) Wednesday 10-12 am (scanning specialty time), 7-8 pm, 1-4th weeks, for 5th week make appointment with Dean or Lee Ann Payne Thursday 7-8 pm (extended if needed) Check with Richard Thomsen UT_AlpineNorth@familyhistorymail.org for additional reservations
- Closed: St. Patrick's and RootsTech 2021Father's Day- June 21, 2020
- 4-Weekend, 4-5th July 2020
- 24th July Weekend - July 24-26, 2020
- Labor Day weekend September 6-7
- General Conference October 2-4
- Columbus Day Weekend October 11-12
- Thanksgiving Weekend, November 25- 29
- Christmas Holidays, Dec 24, 2020 through January 2 2021
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule:[edit | edit source]
- 19 November 2020, Third Thursday at Ten am, Q&A: Why Use a Genealogy Software Program? , zoom meeting link. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87934371095?pwd=NmFTcjQvaEhLUFRGaDR6Sm1OZHBnZz09, Meeting ID: 879 3437 1095, Passcode: fhcQ&A10am https://drive.google.com/file/d/11uF8T-pFAmzgJEeeUZIpY1bOPZRzWLhT/view?usp=sharing Our class will discuss why researchers do or don't use genealogy programs such as PAF, Legacy, RootsMagic or Ancestral Quest. We will talk about how they sync with the big 4 FamilySearch, Ancestry and FindMyPast. A 15 minute webinar presentation by BYU Family History missionary Judy Sharp "GEDCOM BASICS" could be helpful in introducing beginners to this topic.
- 17 November 2020, 10 am, Tuesday, Staff Training Meeting: . At the Family History Center, or join via Zoom. Consultants are welcome. This month's training will covered Questions that help beginners decide "Where do I start?."
Go to our FaceBook page to watch a video of November and October's Q& A Zoom Class and handouts.
Center Resources:[edit | edit source]
A virtual tour is available at: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=283385682836742.
See our resources at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/130EXSS7xTamEqhmPg8rfd5q1SMWzeNqFy10ra6EQHog/edit?usp=sharing6 computers, a projector and screen in the computer room, an large classroom area, and an overflow room for one on one consultants.
Collections[edit | edit source]
Various research guides.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- We have Software Programs Legacy, Ancestral Quest, and RootsMagic.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
6 computer stations with comfortable screens and chairs.
2 High Speed fast feed photo scanners, 1 book scanner, 1 High speed slide scanner, and 3 high quality flat bed scanners
Center Services[edit | edit source]
One on one help available to assist research, scanning and new Temple and Family History Consultants
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
A continuously updated list is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16LfNbw4AWx5dZGxCHubFa-CeV2IWTiu5/view?usp=sharing
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.