Arkansas Probate Records
|Arkansas Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Resources[edit | edit source]
- 1783 – 1998 Arkansas Wills and Probate Records 1783-1998 at Ancestry.com — index and images $
- 1817 – 1979 Arkansas Probate Records 1817-1979 at FamilySearch — images; Click on the county of interest to browse images of original records. Includes wills, administrations, guardianship, and more.
- Arkansas, Wills and Probate Records, 1818-1998, ($), index and images, incomplete.
- Arkansas Probate Records, 1817-1879 images only.
History[edit | edit source]
Probate records of Arkansas have been kept by the probate or county courts. The records include case papers settlements.
Availability[edit | edit source]
You can obtain copies of the original records by contacting the clerk's office in the appropriate county courthouse.
A statewide index to Arkansas wills is available:
- Stevenson, Mrs. James H. and Mrs. Edward L. Westbrooke. Index to Wills and Administrations of Arkansas from the Earliest to 1900. Jonesboro, Ark.: Vowels Printing Company, 1986. FHL Book 976.7 P22st, Fiche 6050936.
The Family History Library has microfilm copies of many Arkansas probate records.
- Arkansas Probate Records (information only) by Genealogy Inc.