Baxter's Company, Tennessee Light Artillery
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brief History[edit | edit source]
Baxter's Company, Tennessee Light Artillery was organized at Camp Harris, Nashville, Tennessee, in May, 1861. During February, 1864, there were 77 men present for duty, and the company was included in the surrender of the Army of Tennessee. 
Other Sources[edit | edit source]
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Tennessee in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Tennessee in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Lindsley, John B. The Military Annals of Tennessee: Confederate, First Series; Embracing a Review of Military Operations, with Regimental Histories and Memorial Rolls, Compiled from Original and Official Sources. 1886. Reprint. Spartanburg, South Carolina: Reprint Co., 1974. (Family History Library book 976.8 M2L.) Digital versions at Ancestry ($); Internet Archive. Memorial rolls for Baxter's Battery found on page 868.
- Baxter's Battery, Tennessee Light Artillery, (accessed 31 Dec 2011). Assorted links to muster roll, unit history, biographies, photos and more.
- Tennesseans in the Civil War, Captain E.D. Baxter's Tennessee Light Artillery, (accessed 31 Dec 2011).
- Captain E.D. Baxter, SCV Camp 2034, (accessed 31 Dec 2011). This website has many interesting links and information.
- fold3$, Capt Baxter's Co, Light Artillery AND Capt Bibb's Cu, Artillery (Washington Artillery), (accessed 26 Apr 2012). Unit information and rosters.
References[edit | edit source]
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).