Caldecote, Rutland Genealogy
Guide to Caldecote, Rutland ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Uppingham|
|Parish registers: 1605; For more records see Lyddington|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1618|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Caldecote Post-1850 - Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Rutland Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
CALDECOTT, a chapelry, in the parish of Lyddington, union of Uppingham, hundred of Wrandike, county of Rutland, 4¾ miles S from Uppingham.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Caldecott parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Caldecott Online Parish Records|
|IGI||1616-1626, 1672-1681, 1724-1745, 1789-1840||1813-1836|
Deposited parish registers are found at the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Record Office. Deposited bishop's transcripts are held at the Northamptonshire Record Office.
Diocese of Peterborough Caldecott Baptisms 1605 - 1908; Marriages 1605 - 1751, 1755 - 1984; Burials 1605 - 1988
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Rutland Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 04 December 2013.
- A History of the County of Rutland, Volume 2 (1935). A History of the County of Rutland. Adapted. Date accessed: 20 May 2013.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 18 April 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Rutland, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.