|California Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Resources[edit | edit source]
- Maps of California from MapGeeks.org. Includes boundary changes map.
- Newberry Library Atlas of Historical County Boundaries
- Historical Maps of California
- Diseños Collection at the California State Archives is a collection of hand drawn maps of Spanish and Maps Lands
A helpful statewide atlas for California is Warren A. Beck, Historical Atlas of California (Norman, Oklahoma: University of Oklahoma Press, 1974. (Family History Library book 979.4 E3b; fiche 6054102).
The Family History Library has a selection of maps of the gold regions and mining districts, ghost towns, railways, and topographic features. Large map collections from pioneer times to the present are also at each of the University of California campuses (including Berkeley, Davis, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz) and the fourteen campuses of California State College.
United States Census Bureau State and County Map. This map will allow you to zoom in on any state or county in the United States and read the names of all of the neighboring counties.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- "Rotating Formation California County Boundary Maps" (1850-1925) may be viewed for free at the MapGeeks.org website.
- California Maps University of Texas Libraries, Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection
- Map Library California State University Northridge
- Map Collection University of California Berkeley, Earth Sciences and Map Library
- Maps Research Guide San Diego State University, Library and Information Access
- National Atlas of the United States, printable maps
- David Rumsey Map collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures. There is also a map of Southern California.