Cambridge England Family History Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- Link to map Cambridge Family History Centre
- 670 Cherry Hinton Road Cambridge Cambridgeshire England CB1 8DS United Kingdom
- The Cambridge Family History Centre is housed in the back right hand corner of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building.
- Car Park is behind the building, the entrance to the car park is off Greystoke Road.
Phone: +44 1223 247010 - Please call on Tuesdays between 1100 - 1430 HRS
- Tues: 1100 - 1400 HRS
- OUT OF HOURS APPOINTMENT AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. CALL THE CENTRE FOR AN APPOINTMENT DURING OPENING HOURS OR LEAVE A MESSAGE ON VOICEMAIL
- The centre is open only on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
- The Family History Centre will be closed for the Christmas Season on the 17th December 2019 and will reopen on 7th January 2020.
Centre Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Irish Films including Tithe Applotment Books, Scottish Films including some Parish Records, London Parish Record Collection (incomplete). UK Census Films and Fiche 1841-1891 (incomplete). England and Wales BMD Index on Fiche.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Three computers with internet access, two with printer capability. One digital film/fiche reader and one manual micro-fiche reader.
Centre Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Assistance for beginning researchers UK and USA.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Cambridge Family History Society
Volunteer at the Centre[edit | edit source]
We welcome volunteers with knowledge of local area research.