Central African Republic Civil Registration
|Central African Republic Wiki Topics|
|Central African Republic Background|
|Local Research Resources|
How to Find the Records[edit | edit source]
Offices to Contact[edit | edit source]
Places of registrations – Main centres located at the headquarters of municipalities, boroughs and diplomatic missions for births, marriages and deaths; – Secondary centres located in villages, urban areas and health facilities for births and deaths.
In charge of registering events Directorate General of Decentralization and Local Development, Minister of the Interior and Territorial Administration, Mayors, deputies and municipal councillors, Ambassadors and Consuls General, Civil registration officer of the special centre
Historical Background[edit | edit source]
France controlled the area from 1894 to 1960.
Coverage and Compliance[edit | edit source]
Information Recorded in the Records[edit | edit source]
- Date and place of birth
- surname and given name of baby
- Sex of the child
- Name, age, profession and domicile of the father and mother
- Where applicable, the surname, forename, age, occupation and domicile of the declarant
- Surnames, forenames, professions, places of residences, ages, dates and places of birth of the spouses
- Surnames, first names, professions and domiciles of the spouses’ fathers and mothers
- Consent of the person exercising parental authority or guardian, if required
- Declaration by the contracting parties that they are to be regarded as spouses, and by the civil registration officer
- Surnames, first names, professions and domiciles of the witnesses and their status as adults
- Choice of the matrimonial regime adopted or governing the spouses as of right
- Statement that a marriage contract has been or has not been made and, if so, the name and domicile of the clerk-notary who received it
- Declaration of monogamy or polygamy
- Date and place of death;
- Surname, forename, place of birth, sex, occupation and residence of the deceased
- Surname, forename of the spouse of the deceased if the person was married, widow or divorced
- Surname, forename, profession, quality and domicile of the declarant
References[edit | edit source]
- UNICEF Data: Monitoring the situation of children and women, UNICEF Data for African Republic/ Central African Republic, accessed 6 November 2020. "Data sources: Information on civil registration systems was compiled over a period from December 2016 to November 2017 using the existing relevant legal frameworks and in consultation with CRVS experts, officials within the relevant national institutions, and UNICEF country offices. All reasonable precautions have been taken by UNICEF to verify this country profile; updates will be made to reflect changes in policy and implementation and/or new information."
- Wikipedia contributors, Central African Republic, Wikipedia, accessed 20 November 2020.