Confederate Soldiers Home Records
Many Southern states maintained soldier homes for Confederate veterans. Most records for Confederate soldier homes are located at state archives or other archives in the state where the home was located.
US Military Old Soldiers Home Records has more information on soldier homes.
Confederate Soldier Homes[edit | edit source]
Alabama[edit | edit source]
- Alabama Confederate Soldiers Home (Jefferson Manly Falkner Soldiers' Home)
Mountain Creek, Alabama
Arkansas[edit | edit source]
- Arkansas Confederate Soldiers' Home
Sweet Home, Arkansas
Florida[edit | edit source]
- Florida Old Confederate Soldiers and Sailors Home
Georgia[edit | edit source]
- Georgia Soldiers' Home (Confederate Soldiers' Home)
- Wight, Willard E. Index to Registers of Inmates of the Confederate Soldiers Home of Georgia. Atlanta, Georgia: Georgia Deptartment of Archives and History, 1964. Volume 1 1901–1913 FHL 1445835 Volume 2 1913–1927 FHL 1445836 Contents include name, occupation, county of residence, birthdate, rank, company, regiment, when and where entered military service, wounded, taken prisoner, put on specific detail, and separated from service, commanding officers, branch of service, age, relatives, date of death or discharge, and date and place of burial.
- Confederate Soldier's Home of Georgia Register of Inmates, 1901-1941 (Worldcat) The list of inmates represented in this collection is not comprehensive. The information was copied from three registers kept at the Home, between 1901 and 1941.
Kentucky[edit | edit source]
- Confederate Soldiers' Home and Widows' and Orphans' Asylum
- Confederate Soldiers Home and Orphans and Widows Asylum records, 1880-1887 (Worldcat)
- Kentucky Confederate Soldiers' Home
Pewee Valley, Kentucky
Louisiana[edit | edit source]
- Soldiers’ Home of Louisiana (Camp Nicholls Soldier's Home)
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Soldiers Home of Louisiana (New Orleans) Register Books 1884–1934 and index 1905–1944. FHL 1685399 Entries include date of admission, name, birth date and place, company, regiment, state, cause of admission, by whom sent, date of leaving, and cause of discharge.
Maryland[edit | edit source]
- Maryland Line Confederate Soldiers' Home
Mississippi[edit | edit source]
- Beauvoir Confederate Soldiers' Home (Jefferson Davis Beauvoir Memorial Soldiers' Home)
- Records, 1920-1954 (Worldcat)
Missouri[edit | edit source]
- Missouri Confederate Home
- The Missouri Confederate Pension Applications and Soldiers Home Applications (FamilySearch) are now available online. Includes name, birth date, birthplace, residence, length of residence in Missouri, date of enlistment, rank, unit of service, death date, and burial place.
- Applicants to the Confederate Home of Missouri (Confederate Memorial State Historic Site). Contains name, age, years resided, rank and unit.
North Carolina[edit | edit source]
- Confederate Woman's Home
Fayetteville, North Carolina
- North Carolina Soldiers' Home
Raleigh, North Carolina
Oklahoma[edit | edit source]
- Oklahoma Confederate Home (Oklahoma Veterans Center)
South Carolina[edit | edit source]
- Confederate Home for Soldiers and Sailors (South Carolina Confederate Infirmary)
Columbia, South Carolina
Tennessee[edit | edit source]
- Confederate Soldiers’ Home (Tennessee Soldiers' Home)
- The Tennessee Confederate Soldier’s Home: Marching Out of the Mist Into the Light... (Worldcat) FHL 976.8 M2s contains rosters of veterans at the home from 1890 to 1934. Entries typically include date and place of birth, enlistment date, unit served, current residence, occupation, and death date or discharge date from the home. Also contains an index to applications to the home listing name, county of residence, and unit served, as well as cemetery lists for the home cemetery.
Texas[edit | edit source]
- Texas Confederate Home for Men
- Texas Confederate Woman's Home
north of Austin, Texas
Virginia[edit | edit source]
- Virginia Confederate Soldiers' Home
- Robert E. Lee Camp Confederate Soldier’s Home Application for Admission, 1884–1941. Richmond, Virginia: Virginia State Library, 1995.FHL 2026354 and FHL 2027890.
- List of Confederate veterans buried in Hollywood Cemetery from Camp Lee Soldiers Home, 1894-1946 (Worldcat)
- Records, 1847-1955, of Hollywood Cemetery, Richmond, Va. (Worldcat)
- Registers of residents, 1885-1939 FHL 2109655