Court of the Manor of Gringley-on-the-Hill or Bawtry
Step By Step[edit | edit source]
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Indexes[edit | edit source]
Online Indexes[edit | edit source]
Printed and Published Records[edit | edit source]
The transcribed records include an index (see above). An index is also available at the Society of Genealogists in London.
Records[edit | edit source]
Archive Location[edit | edit source]
The original records for this court are deposited at the Nottinghamshire Archives.
Archive Records[edit | edit source]
- Original wills and bonds, 1739, 1761-1858
- Enrolled wills, 1659-1858 (in court rolls)
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
Films can be viewed in the library or in a family history center.
Jurisdiction[edit | edit source]
Gringley-on-the-Hill and after about 1800, Misterton, West Stockwith, Walkeringham and Beckingham.