Court of the Peculiar of Buckden
Step by Step[edit | edit source]
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit Huntingdon Library and Acrhives or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Indexes[edit | edit source]
Online Indexes[edit | edit source]
Printed and Published Indexes[edit | edit source]
An index to probate documents, 1549-1859, is published in the Transactions of the Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire Archaeological Society, volume 3 pages 79-80. It includes all peculiars in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdonshire but it is not clear if all years and types of probate material is indexed.
Records[edit | edit source]
Archive Locations[edit | edit source]
The records for this court are housed in the Huntingdon Library and Archives.
Archive Records[edit | edit source]
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
- Original wills, 1661-1753, on film numbers 187893 and 187894. They are arranged chronologically, with some years missing. The indent slips have name and year.
- Administrations (admons), 1663-1855, on film number 187895. They are arranged chronologically, with some years missing. The indent slips have name and year.
Jurisdiction[edit | edit source]