Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Kirton in Lindsey
Step by Step[edit | edit source]
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Indexes[edit | edit source]
Online Indexes[edit | edit source]
Printed and Published Indexes[edit | edit source]
The Family History Library has Index to records of Lincoln Peculiar Courts, 1610-1827, on film 199985. The film covers the peculiars of Caistor, Louth, Heydour, Corringham, Bishop Norton, Kirton in Lindsey, Gretton, Empingham, Biggleswade and Sleaford or Lafford. The courts on the film include courts whose jurisdictions cover Northamptonshire, Rutlandshire and Bedfordshire in addition to Lincolnshire.The years for Kirton in Lindsey are 1566-1834, page 65.
Records[edit | edit source]
Archive Location[edit | edit source]
The original records are in the Archives.
Archive Records[edit | edit source]
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
The Family History Library has wills and administrations on film as follows. Films can be view in the library or in a family history center.
- Wills and administrations, 1535-1834 on films 200103-200105. Indent slips at the beginning of each will show the name, date and residence. Some are written in old English. Some inventories are included with the wills. They are is fairly good condition.
Jurisdiction[edit | edit source]
Kirton in Lindsey, a peculiar of the Sub-Dean of Lincoln.