Dry Creek Indian Rancheria (California)
Guide to Dry Creek Indian ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and other agency records.
Tribal Headquarters[edit | edit source]
Dry Creek Rancheria Band of Pomo Indians
P. O. Box 607
Geyserville, CA 95441
The Dry Creek Rancheria is a federally-recognized rancheria located in Sonoma County, California.
- Established --
- Agency (BIA) -- Central California Agency
- Principal tribes -- Pomo Indians
- Population --
History[edit | edit source]
Brief Timeline[edit | edit source]
Reservations[edit | edit source]
Records[edit | edit source]
The majority of records of individuals were those created by the agencies. Some records may be available to tribal members through the tribal headquarters.They were (and are) the local office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and were charged with maintaining records of the activities of those under their responsibility. Among these records are:
- Allotment records
- Annuity rolls
- Census records
- Health records
- School census and records
- Vital records
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Dry Creek Rancheria Band of Pomo Indians Official Website
- Dry Creek Rancheria of Pomo Indians of California Wikipedia
For Further Reading[edit | edit source]
- California Indians and Their Reservations: An Online Dictionary. Available online.
For background information to help find American Indian ancestors see For Further Reading.