Dyer County, Tennessee Compiled Genealogies
Has anyone studied my Dyer County, Tennessee family before?
Message boards and online family trees can help you learn if someone is actively researching your ancestors. More than half a dozen books or articles have been published about Dyer County's families. Descendants of some historic residents have had their DNA tested.
- Main article: Dyer County, Tennessee
General[edit | edit source]
- A History of the Dyer, Tennessee Community. Paducah, Ky.: Turner's Publishing Co. Publisher's description.
- Ridens, Arahwana Hendren. Dyer County and Newbern, Tennessee: Being a History of 39 of the Earliest Families of This County. Easley, S.C.: Southern Historical Press, 1979. FHL US/CAN Book 976.815 H2r.
DNA[edit | edit source]
DNA has been collected from men claiming descent from the following Dyer County residents. Attempts have not been made to verify the lineages of those tested.
- [Doss] Descendant of John Henry Newton Doss, b. 1843 Shelby County, Alabama; resident of Madison County, Alabama and Dyer County, Tennessee. Y-DNA 37 Marker Test, FTDNA (Kit 82840). Genetic signature available online (labeled Ga-1), genealogical description available online, courtesy: The Doss DNA Project, World Families. Matches have been found.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
References[edit | edit source]