England, Lancashire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, Parish Registers - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: Many of the indexes in this collection have images attached but many others do not. How can I see the images associated with all the indexes?
Answer 1: Only images and waypoints are shown where the contract with the owner of the records permits them to be shown. Those that are not available cannot be shown due to contract restrictions.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: A number of records are either mislabeled with either a wrong location or incorrect years. Is there a list of known discrepancies?
Answer 2: The following is a listing of known errors in the record descriptions:
- Lancashire > Bury (St Mary) > Baptism, Marriages, Burials 1782-1799 records are mislabeled. There are no marriages in this group of records.
- Lancashire > Bury (St. Mary) > Baptisms, Burials, 1813-1820 should read Lancashire > Bury (St. Mary) > Baptisms, 1813-1817 and then another group Lancashire > Bury (St John) > Baptisms, 1813-1820.
- Lancashire > Heaton Norris, Christ Church > Burials, 1856-1865 includes records from 1847-1865 but in random sequences – odd numbered pages starting on page 9 through page 59
- Lancashire, Leigh (St Mary) record sets indicate that they include baptism, marriage, and burial records, but only the 1661-1744 collection includes all three record types. Records included in the other sets are as follows:
- > Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1744-1781 includes christenings up to Image #245, and burials from Image #246-373.
- > Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1782-1797 includes christenings up to Image #180, and burials from Image #181-201.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: Are some Lancashire records missing or out of order?
Answer 2: Some records are missing or out of order in the following collections. Missing records are not available on microfilm.
- Lancashire > Castleton Moor (St Martin) > Marriages, 1890-1911: The image of Page 65 is missing
- Lancashire > Chadderton (St Matthew) > Marriages, 1872-1877: The image of Page 248 is missing
- Lancashire > Great Lever (St Bartholomew) > Baptisms, 1879-1899: The image of Page 7 (baptism record numbers 49-56) is missing, and Pages 1-30 are not in sequence.
- Lancashire > Harpurhey (Christ Church) > Burials 1897 to 1900: The image of Page 61 (burial record numbers 481-488) is missing.
- Lancaster > Hollinwood (St Margaret) > Baptisms 1826-1836: Images of Pages 121, 122, 123,124, 129, 130, 131, 132, 141, 142, 143, 144 are missing
Question 3[edit | edit source]
Question 3: The indexed records for film 2357393, digital folder number: 00449782 show the event place as Deane, Bolton, Lancashire, England. Is this correct?
Answer 3: These records are from Lancashire > Farnworth with Kearsley, which, at one time, was part of the of Parish of Deane
Question 4[edit | edit source]
Question 4: How can I see the full images for Lancashire > Granby Row, St. Simon and St. Jude > Baptisms 1842-1849 > images 107, 121, and 123?
Answer 4: The full images are not currently available. The pages only contain the first 6-7 records.
Question 5[edit | edit source]
Question 5: I get a message “Image not available” at the following waypoints:
Lancashire > Salford, St Phillip
- > Banns, 1869-1889, Banns, 1889-1903,
- > Burials, 1834-1888, Burials, 1903-1910 Burials, 1911-1924, Burials, 1924-1957
- > Marriages, 1911-1923, 1923-1925, 1926-1935.
How can I see these records?
Answer 5: Due to contract restrictions, these images are not currently available.
- Go to the England, Lancashire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, Parish Registers - FamilySearch Historical Records article
- Go to the England, Lancashire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, Parish Registers, 1603-1910 collection at FamilySearch.org