Enterprise Indian Rancheria (California)
|Native American Topics|
|Bureau of Indian Affairs|
Guide to Maidu Indian ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and other agency records.
Tribal Headquarters[edit | edit source]
Enterprise Rancheria of Estom Yumeka Maidu
3690 Olive Highway
Oroville, CA 95966
The Enterprise Rancheria is a federally-recognized rancheria located in Butte County, California.
- Established -- January 30, 1897
- Agency (BIA) -- Central California Agency
- Principal tribes -- Maidu
- Population -- 1969 Tribal enrollment 112 
History[edit | edit source]
1897 Secretary of the Interior authorized to use former lands of the Fort Bidwell Military Reserve for an Indian training school
Records[edit | edit source]
Land records: 3,335 acres, land is tribally owned.
Websites[edit | edit source]
For Further Reading[edit | edit source]
- Kroeber, Alfred L. Handbook of the Indians of California. Washington D.C.:Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology, Bulletin 78, 1925. Reprint. New York City: Dover Publications, [ca 2006] WorldCat 255854981 Available online.
For background information to help find American Indian ancestors see For Further Reading.
References[edit | edit source]
- Indian Reservations A State and Federal Handbook. Compiled by The Confederation of American Indians, New York, N.Y. McFarland and Co. Inc., Jefferson, North Carolina, c. 1986. FHL book 970.1 In2