FamilySearchWiki:WikiProject:Adding Georgia Archives Links to County Pages
Project Leader[edit | edit source]
Purpose[edit | edit source]
Adding online resources from the Georgia Archives to Georgia county pages.
Task List[edit | edit source]
Sample Pages[edit | edit source]
Project Instructions[edit | edit source]
1. Select your county by going to the task list and adding your name to the name column.
2. Go to the county page in the Wiki.
3. Find the heading "Vital Records".
4. Check to see if the collections being added to the page are listed under the death heading. See below for examples.
5. If they are, go to the next county. If any are missing, go to the next step.
6. Copy the code below.
*'''1919-1930''' [https://vault.georgiaarchives.org/digital/collection/gadeaths/search Georgia Death Certificates] at [https://vault.georgiaarchives.org/digital/ Georgia Archives Virtual Vault] - index and images
*'''1928-1930''' [https://vault.georgiaarchives.org/digital/collection/nondeath Georgia Non-Indexed Death Certificates] at [https://vault.georgiaarchives.org/digital/ Georgia Archives Virtual Vault] - images
7. Find the "deaths" heading on the Wiki page.
9. Click "show preview" and check your work.
10. Type "added vital records links" into the summary.
11. Click "save changes".
12. Return to the task list and put the date in the date completed column.