Following is a list of the "Library Class" branches of the FamilySearch library system, which includes the world-renowned Family History Library in Salt Lake City. These are called FamilySearch Libraries.
"Library Class" is defined as having a larger facility and are generally complete with a dedicated internal computer server and a computer catalog or card catalog of their collection. These branch libraries have dedicated book collections in the thousands, microfilm & microfliche in the tens of thousands, dozens of internet connected computers and microfilm & microfliche readers and some digital scanners. All have dedicated servers with DSL, cable or T-1 internet access. In addition all have at least one multi-use classroom, and several research areas.
These branch libraries have a dedicated non-paid full-time TFH Consultants - Center (usually a husband/wife team) and dozens of volunteer staff. In many cases non-Church member volunteers serve from the community. Local genealogy groups often support these library facilities.
- Idaho Falls Idaho FamilySearch Library in Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Las Vegas Nevada FamilySearch Library in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Logan Utah FamilySearch Library in Logan, Utah
- Los Angeles FamilySearch Library in Los Angeles, California
- Mesa FamilySearch Library in Mesa, Arizona
- Oakland California FamilySearch Library in Oakland, California
- Ogden FamilySearch Library in Ogden, Utah
- Orange County California FamilySearch Library in Orange, California
- Pocatello FamilySearch Library in Pocatello, Idaho
- Riverton FamilySearch Library in Riverton, Utah
- Sacramento FamilySearch Library in Sacramento, California
- San Diego FamilySearch Library in San Diego, California
[edit | edit source]
- Search for smaller center locations on FamilySearch.org.
- See New York FHCs representing ward, stake and other Family History Centers.
- See the Family History Library's official site.