FamilySearch Wiki:Community Council/Potential Members
Considerations for potential Community Council member:[edit | edit source]
Note: FamilySearch employees and current missionaries are not eligible to sit on the Council*
The community member should:
- Display an interest in many areas of the wiki.
- Be actively involved with the wiki. Ideally, the member will have at least one (1) year of ongoing wiki contributions.
- Be available to attend weekly council meetings. (The Community Council meets every Wednesday at 1 p.m. MST)
- Be available and have a desire to work with the community on special projects as needed.
- Willing to chair a committee as per their interest (The committee and its focus to be determined by FamilySearch).
- Display ability to be a part of the team concept of the council (multiple people creating a single unified voice).
- Ability to commit to a minimum of two (2) years service.
- Cannot have had any prior moderation or suspension from the wiki.
*Members of the original Community Council are grandfathered in.
Removing a Council Member[edit | edit source]
A Community Council member may be removed for the following:
- Inactivity on the wiki averaging less than 1 edit per week for a period of two (2) months.
- Divulging details of confidential council discussions.
- Inability to work cohesively with current council.
- Any disciplinary actions brought against them on the part of the Mediation Committee or FamilySearch (moderating, banning, etc).