FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 11 Dec 2014
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 93,826 articles in English
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Kudos go to
- 3 Business/Announcements
- 4 Agenda items
- 5 Discussions and Proposals Follow-up
- 6 News to be publicized
- 7 Meeting Notes/Minutes
Welcome[edit | edit source]
Kudos go to[edit | edit source]
Business/Announcements[edit | edit source]
Contributor's breakfast: Date: Friday, February 13th Time: 8:30 to 9:30 AM Location: The Nauvoo Café Special Note: It will be a dutch treat. We’d just love everyone to come, get some breakfast and mingle with one another for a bit.
Agenda items[edit | edit source]
Guest Speaker[edit | edit source]
- Jan 15 2015: planning to invite 3-4 Family History Centers to give us their perspectives. Lisa McBride is going to suggest which ones. We just need to be certain they do not see this as a request from HEADQUARTERS. What are some questions we could ask them in advance, rather than putting them on the spot?
- What sort of records do they have?
- What are they doing to provide access to it? Examples: early non-published cem records; website;
- Projects they are doing
- Do they know they have an FHC page on the wiki and do they need any help with it?
- They need to know they can be creative, can link to local resources, repositories, libraries
- What do they have that others may not know about
- What has been your experience using the wiki?
- Do they have any suggestions?
- Would they be open to join classes for editing, etc. Beginning lessons
- Getting others in their area aware of the wiki-- helpful for some who don't know the wiki can help them in their service
- Lofty goals down the road: every FH consultant adopt the pages for their area (either where they live or where their ancestor's lived.
- How many of their staff would be willing to work as a wiki helper during the time they are in the center when they are not busy
- Do they have time? Do they want a way to spend their time? Would they be willing to go to libraries in their area and learn what's there?
- Would they want to contribute, or give info for someone else to contribute
- Point out usefulness of the wiki -- to indexing, historical records, helping the helper
- Lehi city is using Facebook to post photos, historical info, etc.
- Michael: Entry portal to the Wiki- click help which sends out a request for help: the help desk was a dead end -- need a document that sends them to the online community. Welcoming committee sent something this a.m.
- It may also be interesting to get others in the future: Such as a few librarians, societies, a few bloggers, a few .... what are your ideas?
- Where is the news that bloggers come up with?
- Ancestry insider posted indexing projects
- James Tanner -- legal and other issues: how some of the documents came into being "there ought to be a law"
Summary of Yammer[edit | edit source]
FS Wiki Contributors group.
Items from the FamilySearch Blog
- Photo Duplication Services Discontinued
- Some wiki pages will need to be updated to reflect this change
Moderators and Adopters[edit | edit source]
Wiki Content[edit | edit source]
Wiki Support[edit | edit source]
Governance Council Report[edit | edit source]
- Items to pose to Governance Council
Community Council Report[edit | edit source]
- Items to pose to Community Council
Discussions and Proposals Follow-up[edit | edit source]
|FamilySearch Wiki - Contributor's Meeting|
|Insert most recent at the top of list
News to be publicized[edit | edit source]
| News to be publicized (on the "Community News" page)|
Insert most recent at the top of list
access Community News
|(New, Review, Final, Rejected, or Posted)|
Meeting Notes/Minutes[edit | edit source]
- please post below this header