FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 13 February 2014
WebEx ID: 0000; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Welcome[edit | edit source]
Kudos go to
[edit | edit source]
Updates and follow up[edit | edit source]
- Adoption Program: We need volunteers to check for current contributions by adopters on adopted pages. For more information contact Committee head: Diana Ornstead She will explain the process for doing this beginning next week.
- Sandra has a way for us to track all the stubs. We need volunteers and a person to head this project. Charles is helping to create city pages.
- Any feedback on usability testing
- Feedback from those who attended RootsTech, if time permits.
Moderators and Adopters
[edit | edit source]
- Conversation in the call:
Wiki Content[edit | edit source]
From our discussion about the wiki main page, I’ve listed questions that I’m not sure we’ve answered (and some possible answers), and below those I’ve listed some possible objectives (in primary and secondary levels). -- David
Questions to Address
- Who accesses the main page?
- Experienced wiki users? Novice wiki users?
- Experienced researchers? Novice researchers?
- What is the primary goal of the main page?
- Help people learn how to do research?
- Help people search for articles?
- Help people actually do research (versus learning how to do research)?
- When/Why do people access the main page?
- When they have a particular purpose (such as looking for a specific article or category)?
- When they stumble across it from a Google search?
- Where/How do people access the main page?
- From a desktop/laptop?
- From a mobile device?
- Be appealing
- Be visually attractive
- Be inviting
- Be encouraging
- Be helpful
- Help people learn how to research
- Help people actually do research
- Help people get involved in wiki editing
- Be proper
- Have a professional look
- Conform to FamilySearch requirements
Dwsmith2 22:05, 30 January 2014 (UTC)
Community Council Report[edit | edit source]
Items to pose to Community Council[edit | edit source]
Business/Announcements[edit | edit source]
New Agenda Items[edit | edit source]