FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 13 Nov 2014
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 93,826 articles in English
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Kudos go to
- 3 Business/Announcements
- 4 Agenda items
- 5 Discussions and Proposals Follow-up
- 6 News to be publicized
- 7 Meeting Notes/Minutes
Welcome[edit | edit source]
Kudos go to[edit | edit source]
Giuseppe, Caleb, Danielle, and also Charles and Jane. They are shaking things up, for sure, and it's sometimes a bit uncomfortable. But everything is becoming much clearer.
Business/Announcements[edit | edit source]
Agenda items[edit | edit source]
Next Week[edit | edit source]
- this week
- Overview of the wiki; (Azores, etc.) Training and support available for new potential contributors; how to adopt; how to edit; things so they can learn at their own pace; or a mentor, teacher; Lessons by Sandra Pond?; variety; projects
- Point to Help data on the wiki, but not an overwhelm
Then the next meeting on what they would like to know. Encourage them to adopt
Summary of Yammer[edit | edit source]
FS Wiki Contributors group.
- Interesting article posted by Jane: The Decline of Wikipedia: Even as more people than every rely on it, fewer people create...
- Posted by LaVera: For those who are wondering why external links to Wiki pages should be changed to internal links this is what Steve Cottrell wrote in a Forum on the subject in 2010: "As long as the page exists, following an external link to a page within the wiki will not seem any different. However some pages will be listed as orphaned pages if all links to it are only coded as external. Another benefit of using internal links is that pages will be listed under the What links here menu item of the target page. If a page is being moved/deleted, then pages linking to it will be missed if they are linking via an external link."
- Wiki projects are being handled in a new way. Last Thursday's contributors meeting was focused on this.
- It looks like now the rich editor of the wiki also works in Chrome!
- Feedback has been given, only some implemented on the User:AdkinsWH/Sandbox Co Home page.
Moderators and Adopters[edit | edit source]
Wiki Content[edit | edit source]
Wiki Support[edit | edit source]
Governance Council Report[edit | edit source]
- Items to pose to Governance Council
Community Council Report[edit | edit source]
- Items to pose to Community Council
Discussions and Proposals Follow-up[edit | edit source]
|FamilySearch Wiki - Contributor's Meeting|
|Insert most recent at the top of list
News to be publicized[edit | edit source]
| News to be publicized (on the "Community News" page)|
Insert most recent at the top of list
access Community News
|(New, Review, Final, Rejected, or Posted)|
Meeting Notes/Minutes[edit | edit source]
- please post below this header