FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 17 July 2014
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Welcome[edit | edit source]
Kudos go to[edit | edit source]
ROBIN FOSTER FOR HER MANY YEARS OF SERVICE TO THE WIKI I understand she has switched to helping people with their research questions.
I received an e-mail requesting "Compelling Stories of Service" for the Mormon Channel Radio Program. Should we suggest they interview Charles and Linda? I have seen them serving in fantastic ways and lengths, probably way beyond what their missionary positions call for.
Business/Announcements[edit | edit source]
Agenda items[edit | edit source]
Summary of Yammer[edit | edit source]
FS Wiki Contributors group.
10 July-17 July
- GIUSEPPE requests feedback on the Main Wiki "Want to Help" box links "Get Involved", "Help with Wiki Projects", "Meet & Talk" links are complete. "Submit Content" is still in process of development
- GIUSEPPE informed us that DANIELLE BASTON is preparing a page "Testing: Wiki Usability" which links from the "Give Feedback" link which appears in the right side of many screens DANIELLE stated she has asked some individuals to review the tests to make sure they're understandable
- CHARLES suggested putting a stub template on red link articles with a note asking anyone to fill in the article, saying it would avoid deleting problems LINDA added that while waiting for the stub to be filled we could ask a local Church unit to try to find info. on the topic
- CHARLES' HTML TIP OF THE WEEK To avoid unnecessary scrolling on pages, use h3 headers or smaller. Avoid h2headers as they will not wrap around images or tables.
- JIM LANDUCCI stated a new Image Map editor is available - see Wiki article "Help:Image maps" step 3
- in the Missionary group CHARLES noted that on July 16th The National Institute of Genealogy added over 100 new Wiki pages
Moderators and Adopters[edit | edit source]
Wiki Content[edit | edit source]
- David Dilts. In the next few days we would like to globally replace throughout the Wiki the phrase Family History Library Catalog with the more up-to-date phrase FamilySearch Catalog. Does anyone have any objections?
Wiki Support[edit | edit source]
Community Council Report[edit | edit source]
Items to pose to Community Council
Meeting Notes/Minutes[edit | edit source]
Attending: Barbara, Caleb, Charles, David Smith, David Ditz (welcome back),Guiseppe, Jessica Barker (new, and Intern with User Guidance, working with Danielle) , Jim Anderson, Jim Landucci, Judy, LaVera, Ruth
Robin has moved to helping with the community efforts (background of the wiki)
Mormon Channel Radio is also looking for community service of any kind.
Danielle will be our guest speaker at our next meeting (July 31st). There is no meeting scheduled next week due to Utah Holiday.
Support is working on Red links. David D. suggested contacting David Samuelson to find the relationship between University of Idaho and New Mexico.
David D discussed the idea of switching the FH Catalog name. They will be doing it internally.
Jane Col. - check to see if she is still connected to Gen Web. Perhaps they can help with stub articles that we can't find information for.
Jim Landucci spoke on the image editor (see yammer link)
Please think of possible speakers for upcoming meetings.
- Suggestions included FHC, or perhaps someone from the wiki connecting with FT missionaries.
Suggestion to avoid use of Cyndi's List and Linkpedium as wiki referrals.
Our main page has been renamed this week to Family History Research Wiki