FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 19 Feb 2015
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 93,545 articles in English
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Kudos go to
- 3 Business/Announcements
- 4 Agenda items
- 5 Discussions and Proposals Follow-up
- 6 News to be publicized
- 7 Meeting Notes/Minutes
Welcome[edit | edit source]
Kudos go to[edit | edit source]
- The "Double re-directs" caused by the recent renaming of locality pages are well on their way to being resolved. Thanks to LaVera, Sandra, Jane, Nathan and many on the support team.
Business/Announcements[edit | edit source]
Wilma will not be available next week: will someone please take charge? LaVera volunteered
Agenda items[edit | edit source]
Review of RootsTech 2015[edit | edit source]
- Edit fest sponsored by Community Council and suggested by Lise: 7 or 8 attended. Wilma was able to get great feedback for the proposed county format. One person from a public library system had a page set up for them. Someone responded from KY who is interested in getting pages up.
- Wiki contributors breakfast at Nauvoo Cafe, Friday 8:30 am. Charles Smith came all the way from Olympia Washington to join us. Several were there from the Historical Records group and from the group on 3rd floor at the JSMB. Laura Bush was speaking at the same time, so several went to her presentation.
The wiki was mentioned in many sessions, including FGS sessions. This tool is starting to be well accepted and used, need more contributors.
- Starting to use the Family History Center page to post wiki articles and push out information
Streaming was pretty basic, do watch the Thursday a.m. session. The Tech session; Discovery Center downstairs in JSMB; had a small version set up in exhibitor's hall; PA and Seattle coming, smaller versions in other FHC's
Favorite classes or learnings:
Favorite products in exhibit call: DNA - Watch the streamed one by Diahann Southard
- User badges -- one is done for RootsTech attended
- Marriage coverage maps This for Mississippi, others done as well.
- Ancestry has redesigned their website -- beta was showing at rootstech
- Updates to FamilyTree
- Meeting Jane and Charles in person
Summary of Yammer[edit | edit source]
FS Wiki Contributors group.
Moderators and Adopters[edit | edit source]
Wiki Content[edit | edit source]
Wiki Support[edit | edit source]
Governance Council Report[edit | edit source]
- Items to pose to Governance Council
Community Council Report[edit | edit source]
Three organizations have asked recently to adopt pages:
- Mesa County Genealogical Society in Grand Junction, Colorado would like to adopt the Mesa County, Colorado wiki page and all of its related subpages.
- The North West Kent Family History Society (UK) wants to adopt the Wiki Kent page
- The other was a public library to adopt the Illinois county page (but I don't remember which library nor which county)
Items to pose to Community Council
Discussions and Proposals Follow-up[edit | edit source]
|FamilySearch Wiki - Contributor's Meeting|
|Insert most recent at the top of list
News to be publicized[edit | edit source]
| News to be publicized (on the "Community News" page)|
Insert most recent at the top of list
access Community News
|(New, Review, Final, Rejected, or Posted)|
Meeting Notes/Minutes[edit | edit source]
- please post below this header