FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 4 Sep 2014
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Welcome[edit | edit source]
Kudos go to[edit | edit source]
Business/Announcements[edit | edit source]
- It may be next year before the new upgrade is actually released. Gives us more time to play and practice.
Agenda items[edit | edit source]
Guest Speaker[edit | edit source]
James Tanner, blogger, attorney, moderator for AZ and UT, UGA Board member, and much more. Last week, he was requested to address issues pertaining to moderators and adopters as well as other topics.
Summary of Yammer[edit | edit source]
FS Wiki Contributors group.
- changes that were made by Jim Landucci to his basic page for the wiki. I would like you all particularly pay attention to the idea of splitting "new to genealogy" from "new to research".
- Several comments were made in Yammer.
- Genealogy is like playing hide and seek: They hide... I seek!
- Discussion item: redirecting (renaming) locality pages. (originally posted 19 June)
- Suggestion: consider renaming state/country/province/shire pages to [state] Genealogy Research. This would eliminate the need to rename the already existing [State] Genealogy pages
- Consider renaming the County pages to [county, state] Genealogy. This keeps the title short and there are few if any of these places that have a separate "genealogy" page.
- Can someone create a new page in the Wiki and find the right place for this document?
- Transclusion: I thought if we changed the state pages, it would rename all the articles under the topic section and would cause all the links in topics to turn red. Since the name on the state page has nothing to do with the name on the template, there will be no affect on the topic titles if the state pages are renamed and therefore no red links will be created in the topics section.
- Categories 8,000+: Charles, Sandra, LaVera, and Wilma are meeting to come up with recommendations. Do others want to join the discussion 10 A.M. Wednesdays? meeting number 0000 anyone desiring to be at this meeting is invited. September 10th is the first meeting
- Share your knowledge, it is a way to achieve immortality...
Moderators and Adopters[edit | edit source]
Wiki Content[edit | edit source]
Wiki Support[edit | edit source]
Community Council Report[edit | edit source]
Items to pose to Community Council
Discussions and Proposals[edit | edit source]
|FamilySearch Wiki - Contributor's Meeting|
|Insert most recent at the top of list
News to be publicized[edit | edit source]
| News to be publicized (on the "Community News" page)|
Insert most recent at the top of list
access Community News
|(New, Review, Final, Rejected, or Posted)|
Meeting Notes/Minutes[edit | edit source]
(please post below this header) What is a Moderator? A contributor, someone who watches what is being put on the wiki. Making sure it is consistent with the wiki guidelines. Every page is watched, there are several moderators doing this but there are several State pages that have no moderators. Be careful with copyright laws, they are different in other countries from ours. FamilySearch Wiki:copyrights governed by all countries who have copyright laws. Check out James Tanner's blog site "Genealogy Star"