FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 5 Feb 2015
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 93,545 articles in English
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Kudos go to
- 3 Business/Announcements
- 4 Agenda items
- 5 Discussions and Proposals Follow-up
- 6 News to be publicized
- 7 Meeting Notes/Minutes
Welcome[edit | edit source]
Kudos go to[edit | edit source]
Business/Announcements[edit | edit source]
Agenda items[edit | edit source]
In reference to this new article Searching Genealogy Names, there are two questions:
- Question: Are there plans in the works to have the same type of pages (like the “Online Genealogy Records” tables) also available and standardized for countries and topics other than those listed in the article's footnotes (also needed are generalized tables for the US and Canada home pages)?
- Question: What are the plans, as discussed several time, about putting “help icon” links on those “Online Genealogy Records” pages which will provide the user with instructions about how to use (and possibly interpret) the data generated from the various website links? Such help links would be a valuable addition to highlight in this article.
Guest Speaker[edit | edit source]
- this week
Summary of Yammer[edit | edit source]
FS Wiki Contributors group.
- Wilma Adkins To FS Wiki Contributors You may have noticed that state and county pages are being renamed with the word "Genealogy" added. The Wiki Governance Council has authorized this to help people who use Google and other search engines to recognize the pages are for genealogy, not general info.
- Please give feedback on the possible county [format] for US. If the upgrade to new version is a long way off, this may what is used in the short run.
- County Quick Start: 2 columns, not three; Possibly have it on the left, with TOC in the middle. But that might put too many words from the TOC and the nav bar.
- Comments about the long TOC. Too many users will be overwhelmed by it. Some ideas given for dealing with it, from defaulting to "Hide", to suppressing all items over heading(x) level
- Conversation about Biographies, Genealogies, Histories used as headings rather than Biography, Genealogy, History. The plural communicates better what a user may expect to find and what a contributor would post.
- Changed "Additional Resources" to "Resources"
Moderators and Adopters[edit | edit source]
Wiki Content[edit | edit source]
Wiki Support[edit | edit source]
Governance Council Report[edit | edit source]
- Items to pose to Governance Council
Community Council Report[edit | edit source]
- Items to pose to Community Council
Discussions and Proposals Follow-up[edit | edit source]
|FamilySearch Wiki - Contributor's Meeting|
|Insert most recent at the top of list
News to be publicized[edit | edit source]
| News to be publicized (on the "Community News" page)|
Insert most recent at the top of list
access Community News
|(New, Review, Final, Rejected, or Posted)|
Meeting Notes/Minutes[edit | edit source]
- please post below this header