FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Adding County Court Clerk Information to Texas Pages
Current Projects page Adding Record Information to Texas Pages
Purpose:[edit | edit source]
Add contact information for all of the record keeping official's offices in Texas.
Contact[edit | edit source]
Task Page[edit | edit source]
Instructions[edit | edit source]
1. Go to the Task Page and sign out the state.
2. Go to the Texas Page and use the list of county pages provided there. Using that list, you will place the information below on each of the county pages.
3. In each case, you will be adding the contact information for two officials for each county. The first county will be completed as an example for you to follow.
4. You will be adding the mailing address and phone number for the County Clerk and the District Clerk for each county.
5. Find the County and District Clerk's address here. Select an alphabetical range of counties and then find the one you are looking for.
6. Go to the county page and go to the heading County Courthouse near the top of the page. Click on the edit box.
7. You will see a paragraph that says something similar to ...
"District Clerk has divorce records; County Clerk has birth and death records from 1903, marriage,
probate and land records from 1846 and court records; cities have birth and death records from 1953"
Directly under this paragraph enter the information for the County Clerk's office for that county and the District Clerk's office for that county. Do not enter the name of the clerk, but enter it as shown on the example below.
8. Drop down to the Edit Summary Box and enter "added clerk information" in the box and save your work.
9. Once you have saved your work, take a look at the County Courthouse section on the wiki page and be sure the page looks like you would expect it to. If the information that you entered looks ok, you are ready to move on to your next county.