FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Adding Records to Arizona County Pages
Current Projects page Adding Records to Arizona County Pages
Purpose[edit | edit source]
Adding links to FamilySearch record collections to Arizona county pages.
Contact[edit | edit source]
Task Page[edit | edit source]
Instructions[edit | edit source]
1. Go to the Task Page and choose a record to insert onto the Arizona county pages. Sign your name onto that line so that no one else will start working on that record.
2. Using the list of Arizona counties, you will insert that record on each of the Arizona county pages.
3. Open the first county page and go down to the heading for your record (Vital Records, Military, etc). Once there, you will look under the correct section for your record (birth, death, marriage, divorce, etc).
- Be sure your record does not already appear on the listing on the county page.
- If it does, go on to the next county.
- If it does not, you will want to add it to the page
4. Make sure a phrase such as, "Online Birth Indexes and Records" is listed above the list of online collections. If it is missing from the section, add it just above the list of online collections by using the following wikitext - replacing "Birth" with the applicable heading:
- ''Online Birth Indexes and Records''
5. Click on the box to edit the section you want to insert the record in. In order to add the record to the page you will have to go into wikitext. To do this go to the top left of your edit box and click on "wikitext."
Once you click on Wikitext, your screen will change to show the page layout in wikitext format.
You want to copy the entire text from the record you chose on the task list and paste it on the page. It is suggested to put the collection in chronological order among the other databases listed.
- NOTE: Copy the collection information exactly as it is listed on the state collection task page. We have converted it to wikitext for you.
6. Enter the words "added vital record" in the edit summary box and then save your page. Once you have saved the page, go down to the Vital Records section on the page and be sure your record shows up as you expect it to. This is an example of a Texas Death and Burials Record after it is placed on a page:
7. Once you have finished inserting the record into all of the Arizona counties, go back to the Task List and enter the completed date beside your name on the list.