FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Finding broken links on Online Records Pages
Current Projects page Finding broken links on Online Records Pages
Purpose[edit | edit source]
This project reviews the Online Records Pages for states and countries. It will identify broken links and update the wording/dates on any link that has changed on the Online Records Pages. These links will then be added to a spreadsheet that will be used later in the project Fixing Broken Links on Online Records Pages.
Project Contact[edit | edit source]
Task List[edit | edit source]
Project Instructions[edit | edit source]
1. Go to the task list and sign up for a state or country to check for broken links.
2. Click on the link to go to the google doc for this project where you will list any new collections you find. You will return to this page when you have found any broken links during the project.
3. Go to the state or country Online Genealogy Records page you chose and click on each link to see:
a. If it goes to the correct page.
b. If the collection years have changed. For example, the collection may have covered from 1850 to 1900 but now may go from 1850 to 1950. Verify the dates.
4. If you find an incorrect link, list it on the google doc spreadsheet from Step 3. Fill in the following fields:
a. Heading the link is under.
b. Name of the link
c. URL of the broken link.
5. If you find incorrect spelling of a collection or incorrect dates, list it in the notes field.
6. Once you have gone through the whole list, go back to the project task list and add the date you completed the task.