FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Kansas Marriage Collection Removal
Project Leader[edit | edit source]
Task List[edit | edit source]
Purpose[edit | edit source]
Removing marriage index placed on counties that are not included on the index.
Example Pages[edit | edit source]
Project Instructions[edit | edit source]
Part 1: Choose Your County[edit | edit source]
1. Select your county by going to the task list and adding your name to the name column.
2. Go to the county page in the wiki.
Part 2: Remove the Link[edit | edit source]
1. Find the "Vital Records" heading and then go to the "Marriages" subheading.
2. Check for the Kansas Marriage Index. It will look like the example below. If it's there, go to step 3. If it's not go to Part 1.
3. Highlight the code you need to remove. It will look like the example below.
*'''1854 - 1861''' - [http://www.kshs.org/p/kansas-marriage-index/11315 KHS Kansas Marriage Index, 1854-1861] at [http://www.kshs.org/p/research/19385 Kansas Historical Society] — Index
4. Delete the link.
Part 3: Check Your Work and Save[edit | edit source]
1. Click "show preview" and check your work.
2. Enter "Project: removed marriage index link" in the summary.
3. Click save.
4. Put the date in the date column in the task list.