FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Parish Tables Phase II: Documenting Parish Problems
Project Leader[edit | edit source]
Purpose[edit | edit source]
Document problems found in and on parish pages while updating new parish tables.
Task List[edit | edit source]
Instructions[edit | edit source]
- **NOTE: You will be working with two different google sheets. It may be get a little confusing. Let me if you have any questions at all.**
Part 1: Task List and Talk Page[edit | edit source]
- 1. Open the aboveTask List. The screenshot is below.
- A. Choose a county from the bottom of the page. Each county has its own task list.
- B. Click on the county name to go to the parish pages.(links are embedded in the Parish name).
- 2. These are the parish pages we have been using to update the England Parish Tables. We will only be focusing on the line number (2), the parish name (1), and the information in the notes/comments columns (3).
- 3. Using Derbyshire as the example scroll down until you come to information in the notes/comments column. Notice line 71 is the first column with notes.
- 4. Put your name in the name column. Next put the line number, the parish name, and what is written in the notes/comments column in their proper columns on the Task List. Put the date completed in the date column once you have finished each line. Continue until you have copied all the information in that county.
Odds and Ends[edit | edit source]
1. Here are some examples of the types of data you will find in the notes/comments column:
2. A few of the counties are on hold because we are still working on them in parts 2 and 5. Please do not work on these counties. Once parts 2 and 5 are complete, I will activate them.