FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject South Dakota Maps
South Dakota Project Page South Dakota Maps
Purpose[edit | edit source]
Adding information to the Maps heading on the county page
Task List[edit | edit source]
Instructions[edit | edit source]
Step 1: Adding Info to Maps heading[edit | edit source]
1. Go to the Maps heading and change the heading to: Maps and Gazetteers
2. Copy and paste the following text under any text already appearing under the heading (but above the word "Find" and any existing picture of a map)
*[http://www.mapofus.org/southdakota/ Interactive Formation Boundary Map of South Dakota] - shows boundary changes for South Dakota Counties
*[http://www.historicmapworks.com/Browse/United_States/South+Dakota/ Historical Maps and Atlases of South Dakota] - maps and atlases of South Dakota
3. Once you have added the wikitext, preview the page by clicking on Show Preview at the bottom of the page. Check your work to make sure it looks like it should. Make any necessary adjustments.
4. Go to the bottom of the page and enter "added map links" in the edit summary box and save the page.
5. You are now done with the task. Go to the next County on your list.
Example[edit | edit source]
For an example of what this heading should look like when it is complete, click here.