FamilySearch Wiki:Wiki Project United States wars Tasks-Korean War intro
This task is complete. Ignore this page.
[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
The purpose of this task is to insert or modify the explanatory text in the Korean War section on the state Military Records pages.
Instructions[edit | edit source]
- 1. Log in to the FamilySearch wiki using your FamilySearch login name and password.
- 2. Open another instance of the FamilySearch Research Wiki, either on another monitor or another tab on the internet browser. This will allow you to view these instructions while editing in the wiki.
- 3. Return to the window with this task page and scroll to the “Instructions” heading.
- 4. Copy the statement below. (To copy: highlight the text by placing the cursor just before the first letter and while holding down the left mouse button, drag the cursor across the desired text. When you stop pressing the left mouse button, the text will be highlighted. Now place the cursor somewhere within the highlighted text and press ‘’’Ctrl’’’ and ‘’’c’’’ simultaneously. Now the text is copied.)
The Korean War was a conflict between North Korea (and its communist allies) and South Korea (with support of the United Nations, primarily the United States). See the Korean War wiki article for information on records and their availability.
- 5. Return to the window with the other instance of the wiki and navigate to the state Military Records page.
- 6. Scroll down to the “Korean War (1950–1953)” heading and click on the “Edit” button to the right of that heading. (When you hover the mouse over the picture of the pen in a square, the word “Edit” appears. Click on the picture of the pen.)
- 7. Review the explanatory text that appears under that heading.
- a. If there is none, place the cursor at the end of the heading and press “Enter.”
- b. Paste the statement that you copied in step 4. (To paste: place the cursor where you want the text to be inserted, then press Ctrl and v simultaneously. A small screen will appear. Click in this window and press Ctrl and v simultaneously again. Then select “OK.” The text should now be pasted.)
- c. If text already exists, modify it using the above statement while maintaining the important information that is already present.
- 8. Enter a brief explanation in the Summary field (example: added explanatory text to Korean War).
- 9. Save the page and exit. The task is complete. Initial the appropriate cell in the Progress Chart.