Gällinge Parish, Halland, Sweden Genealogy
Guide to Gällinge Parish, Sweden ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 History
- 2 Place Names
- 3 Collections
- 3.1 Census Records
- 3.2 Church Records
- 3.3 Military Records
- 3.4 Related Sources
- 3.5 Help Reading Swedish Records
- 3.6 Help Reading Old Handwriting
- 3.7 Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
- 3.8 References
History[edit | edit source]
(write information such as: how old the parish is, interesting facts about the parish, what alternate names it has, or any boundary changes.)
|Gällinge Parish, Halland, Sweden Genealogy|
|Militär indelning||add here|
|NAD Ref Code||SE/LLA/13130|
|National Archive SVAR||link|
|SCB Congregation map||link|
|Open Street map||link|
Place Names[edit | edit source]
Backa, Breared, Bräcke, Bykärr, Dugatorp, Fågelsång, Gällinge, Gödatorp, Herred, Håfors, Hårred, Karshult, Kullagärde, Munkatorp, Rosendal, Röstorp, Skår, Smedsgärde, Stockared
- Surrounding Parishes
Collections[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Sweden Household Examination Records (Husförhörslängder)--explanation of this church record which is functionally the census of Sweden.
- Sweden Household Examination Books, 1840-1947, ($), index and images. Also on Ancestry.com, ($), Arkiv Digital ($), and SVAR at Riksarkivet.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Here is an index to the Gällinge Household Examination Record, volume AI:2, (1815 - 1850)
Gällinge 1815 - pg.1
Idala 1815 - pg.20
Gällinge 1816 - pg.34
Idala 1816 - pg.52
Gällinge 1817 - pg.65
Idala 1817 - pg. 82
Gällinge 1818 - pg.93
Idala 1818 - pg.110
Gällinge 1819 - pg.123
Idala 1819 - pg. 139
Gällinge 1820 - pg.151
Idala 1820 - pg.167
Gällinge 1821 - pg.179
Idala 1821 - pg. 197
Gällinge 1822 - pg.210
Idala 1822 - pg.227
Gällinge 1823 - 1824 pg.239
Idala 1823 - pg.256
Gällinge 1825 - pg.268
Idala 1825 - pg.288
Gällinge 1826 - pg.303
Idala 1826 - pg.322
Gällinge 1827 - 1830 pg.336
Idala 1827 - 1829 pg.381
Gällinge 1831 - 1835 pg.415
Idala 1831 - 1835 pg.466
Gällinge 1836 - 1840 pg.500
Idala 1836 - 1840 pg.542
Gällinge 1841 - 1845 pg.567
Idala 1841 pg.615
Gällinge 1846 - 1850 pg.642
Idala 1846 - pg. 690
Online Database Church Records[edit | edit source]
The easiest way to access the Swedish Church Records is through the internet, using these five sites (see links to specific collections below). Four of these sites require a subscription for access. (ArkivDigital, Ancestry.com, and MyHeritage.com are available at a FamilyHistory Center near you free of charge.)
- Sweden, Halland Church Records, 1615-1904; index 1615-1860 at FamilySearch.
- MyHeritage.com ($),
- Ancestry.com ($),
- Arkiv Digital ($), and
- SVAR at Riksarkivet.
Help Using ArkivDigital: Online Databases for Sweden[edit | edit source]
- These lessons will teach you how to use ArkivDigital:
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
Click Sweden, Halland Records for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Librarythat may be digitized. Check back occasionally to see if your records have become available. In the meantime, some of them might be available at a Family History Center near you.
Click on "Places within Sweden, Halland" and then select your parish.
Military Records[edit | edit source]
Related Sources[edit | edit source]
Help Reading Swedish Records[edit | edit source]
- You do not have to be fluent in Swedish to read these records! They have a limited vocabulary: mother, father, born, bride, groom, married, etc. The rest of the content will be names, dates, and places, which do not need translation.
- This Swedish Word List covers typical terms found in the records.
- Swedish Historical Dictionary Database, SHDD: This interactive dictionary allows you to enter a word in the search box and receive the translation.
- Feast Day Calendar (Moveable) and Feast Day Lists (Fixed and Moveable) will help you translate dates written in feast day form.
- Sweden surnames are patronymic and change every generation, so carefully study Sweden Names, Personal.
- For help with reading the column headings found in more recent records, see Swedish Parish Register and Household Exam Roll Headings.
- Instructions, document examples, and translations are given for Reading Swedish Birth and Christening Records 1717, 1752, 1771, 1792, 1803, 1834, 1854.
Help Reading Old Handwriting[edit | edit source]
- Reading Scandinavian Gothic Handwritten Records: (free, online lessons at FamilySearch):
Help With Research Objectives and Strategies[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Gällinge Församling Husförhörslängd 1815 - 1850
Gällinge Församling Husförhörslängd, AI:6, 1871 - 1894
( Gällinge and Idala husförhör 1815 - 1850 divided in timeperiods.)