Jump to navigation Jump to search
Galicia may refer to:
Chile[edit | edit source]
- Nueva Galicia, an old name applied to the Chiloé Archipelago in southern Chile
Philippines[edit | edit source]
- Galicia, Aklan, a barangay in Panay, Philippines
Spain[edit | edit source]
- Galicia, Spain - autonomous community of Spain, with the official status of a nationality.
Historical Places[edit | edit source]
Eastern Europe[edit | edit source]
- Galicia or Halychyna, a historical region spanning southeastern Poland and western Ukraine. Over the last few centuries Galicia or Galacia has changed hands a number of times. It has been part of Austria, Poland and the Ukraine.
- Kingdom of Galicia–Volhynia or Kingdom of Rus, a medieval kingdom
- The Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria, a crown land of the Austrian Empire and, later, of Austria-Hungary
- West Galicia, a short-lived administrative region of the Austrian Empire, eventually merged into the Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria
- The District of Galicia, part of the Nazi General Government during the World War II occupation of Poland
Iberian Peninsula[edit | edit source]
- Gallaecia, a Roman province
- The post-Roman Kingdom of the Suebi, also called the Kingdom of Gallaecia
- The medieval Kingdom of Galicia
- The Republic of Galicia, which only lasted for a few hours on 27 June 1931
Mexico[edit | edit source]
- Nueva Galicia, a region of New Spain, now in Mexico
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title, Galicia.