Germany, Hesse, Civil Registers and Church Books - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: I get a message “Image not Available” for some of the records even if I sign in. How can I view these records?
Answer 1: Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. German Data Privacy rules prohibit viewing the following records: All birth images must be 110 years or older; all marriage images must be 75 years or older, and all death images must be 30 years or older.
If any record on a digital folder contains birth records from the last 110 years, for example, the entire digital folder is restricted.
The Historical Records collections will be updated each year to show new unrestricted records. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to preserving and providing access to genealogical records in its collection.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: When searching for Niederrodenbach > Bürgermeisterei > Heiraten 1839-1879, I actually get images for Niederschleidern > Korbach > Heiraten 1839-1879. How can I find the records for Niederrodenbach?
Answer 2: At the present time, these records are mislabelled and there are no Niederrodenbach records, but records are being added as they become available. Please check back periodically.
Question 3[edit | edit source]
Question 3: The records are labeled Nordshausen but they also belong to Oberzweren, Oberelsungen, and Naumberg. How do I know where to search for the place I want?
Answer 3: The images numbers and places are listed below:
Images 1-181 are Oberzweren
Images 181-242 are Nordshausen
Images 243-545 are Oberelsungen
Images 546-end are Naumberg Civil and Church records
Question 4[edit | edit source]
Question 4: When I search for records in this collection, there are sometimes mislabeled records leading to different records than what I am searching. How do I find the correct records?
Answer 4: See below for list of known problems with image labels:
- The label says Beidenkopf, but the correct town is Biedenkopf
- Fulda > Standesamt > Geburten 1874 should be Germany, Hesse-Nassau, Civil Registers and Church Books, 1701-1875 > Hünfeld > Standesamt > Geburten 1874
- Meimbressen > Jüdische Gemeinde > Heiraten 1815-1873 would more appropriately be labeled Meimbressen > Jüdische Gemeinde > Eheprotokolle, Nachlaßakten, Verschiedene Akten 1815-1873
- Netra > Evangelisch > Geburten, Heiraten, Tote 1808-1812 actually contains Jewish records instead of Evangelisch records.
- Breitenbach (Kr Cassel) > Bürgermeisterei > Heiraten 1798-1823 actually contains records for Breitenbach ( Kr Schluechtern).
- Schlüchtern > Jüdische Gemeinde > Geburten 1845-1887 actually contains Schlüchtern > Jüdische Gemeinde > Images 48- 187: Geburten/1845-1887; Images 188 -252: Heiraten 1826-19 Jul, 1875 (1 record 1875) ; Images 253-278: Geburten 1827-1845; Images 279- 365: Tote 1826-1875
- Go to the Germany, Hesse, Civil Registers and Church Books - FamilySearch Historical Records article
- Go to the Germany, Hesse-Nassau, Civil Registers and Church Books, 1701-1875 collection at FamilySearch.org