Help:Wiki University Contributors--Getting Help
How can I get help?[edit | edit source]
There may be times, especially if you are a new contributor to Wiki, when you need help. Where can you go?
The following sections provide support to Wiki contributors.
Research Wiki Resources[edit | edit source]
Where can I find a Wiki project to work on?
- - In the Research Wiki sidebar, under Edit the Wiki, you will find a link to Wiki Projects.
Where can I ask a question or get clarification regarding my Wiki project?
- - attend the Wednesday Community Team Meetings: Every Wednesday at 11:00am MT, except the fifth Wednesday.
- - request access to the Yammer Community "Chat" Group.
- - open a User Talk page and ask your question. See .
Where can I get more help using the two Wiki editors?
- - In the Research Wiki sidebar, under Edit the Wiki, you will find a link to Wiki University.
- - Click on the desired tab in Wiki University to find comprehensive training in either Visual Editor or Wikitext Editor.
Where can I go to report a problem in the Wiki?
- - In the Research Wiki sidebar, under Give Feedback, you will find a link to Report a Problem.
FamilySearch Resources[edit | edit source]
- If you are experiencing general FamilySearch issues:
- Find Historical Records - to search FamilySearch records online
- Visit the Help Center - to find answers to general FamilySearch questions
- FamilySearch Community Research Groups - for translation of documents and research help
- FamilySearch Site Map
Research Resources[edit | edit source]
- List of Online Genealogy Records by Location
- List of Historical Record Collections
- Using the FamilySearch Research Wiki - A 28-minute How To video
- Wiki Wizard Videos - A collection of 5 minute videos on how to use the Wiki and research in different countries
- FamilySearch Learning Center - online classes about how to do research