IRAD - Northern Illinois University
IRAD - Northern Illinois University (NIU)
Illinois Regional Archives Depository
c/o Regional History Center
Founders Memorial Library
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
Telephone: (815) 753-1807
Hours: Monday – Friday, except state holidays
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- NOTE: The depository is staffed by graduate student interns. Because of class scheduling conflicts, hours may vary somewhat from the published schedule. Researchers are urged to call before planning a visit.
Records held at IRAD–NIU[edit | edit source]
Discover what county records are held there:
- Go to: IRAD–NIU
- Click on “Local Governmental Records Database”.
- Click on “Search” button.
- Select your county of interest and submit query.
- Results are records held by IRAD-NIU for your county.
- Complete list of all holdings by county: IRAD Local Government Record Listings
Databases extracted from records at IRAD– NIU[edit | edit source]
Discover what records are extracted and included in local, county or statewide databases:
- Go to: IRAD–NIU
- Click on your county of interest.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to view databases pertinent to your town, county, or state.
Requesting Research Help from IRAD– NIU[edit | edit source]
IRAD welcomes mail and telephone requests for research help. No e-mail requests are available at this time. There is no charge for research help, except for photocopy costs. You will be informed if your copies exceed $5. Otherwise you will be billed for your copy requests. IRAD requests that you limit your request to 2 names at a time and that you wait for that response before submitting additional requests. Send your request directly to the IRAD regional depository holding the county records of interest. You may send requests to up to 5 different depositories at a time.