Ignaberga Parish, Kristianstad, Sweden Genealogy
Guide to Ignaberga Parish, Sweden ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 History
- 2 Place Names
- 3 Collections
- 3.1 Census Records
- 3.2 Church Records
- 3.3 Military Records
- 3.4 Related Sources
- 3.5 Help Reading Swedish Records
- 3.6 Help Reading Old Handwriting
- 3.7 Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
- 3.8 References
History[edit | edit source]
(write information such as: how old the parish is, interesting facts about the parish, what alternate names it has, or any boundary changes.)
|Ignaberga Parish, Kristianstad, Sweden Genealogy|
|Pastorat||-1961 annex parish in the Vankiva and Ignaberga pastorat, 1962-2001 annex parish in the Stoby, Norra Sandby and Ignaberga pastorat, 2002-2005 annex parish in the Stoby-Norra Sandby and Ignaberga pastorat, in 2006 became part of the re-formed Stoby parish.|
|Domsaga||1682-1860 Östra and Västra Göinge härader, 1861-1970 Västra Göinge, 1971- Hässleholm|
|Fögderi||1918-1946 Broby, 1946- Hässleholm|
|Kommun||1863-1951 Ignaberga, 1952-1970 Stoby, 1971- Hässleholm|
|Militär indelning||SKÅNSKA HUSAR-REGEMENTET Sandby Sqvadron, Sandby Kompani NORRA SKÅNES REGEMENTE Vestra Göinge Kompani|
Place Names[edit | edit source]
Ignaberga no.1 to 6
- Surrounding Parishes
Collections[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Sweden Household Examination Records (Husförhörslängder)--explanation of this church record which is functionally the census of Sweden.
- Sweden Household Examination Books, 1840-1947, ($), index and images. Also on Ancestry.com, ($), Arkiv Digital ($), and SVAR at Riksarkivet.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Online Database Church Records[edit | edit source]
The easiest way to access the Swedish Church Records is through the internet, using these five sites (see links to specific collections below). Four of these sites require a subscription for access. (ArkivDigital, Ancestry.com, and MyHeritage.com are available at a FamilyHistory Center near you free of charge.)
- Sweden, Kristianstad Church Records, 1585-1910; index 1646-1860 at FamilySearch.
- MyHeritage.com ($),
- Ancestry.com ($),
- Arkiv Digital ($), and
- SVAR at Riksarkivet.
Help Using ArkivDigital: Online Databases for Sweden[edit | edit source]
- These lessons will teach you how to use ArkivDigital:
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
Click Sweden, Kristianstad Records for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Librarythat may be digitized. Check back occasionally to see if your records have become available. In the meantime, some of them might be available at a Family History Center near you.
Click on "Places within Sweden, Kristianstad and then select your parish.
Military Records[edit | edit source]
Related Sources[edit | edit source]
Help Reading Swedish Records[edit | edit source]
- You do not have to be fluent in Swedish to read these records! They have a limited vocabulary: mother, father, born, bride, groom, married, etc. The rest of the content will be names, dates, and places, which do not need translation.
- This Swedish Word List covers typical terms found in the records.
- Swedish Historical Dictionary Database, SHDD: This interactive dictionary allows you to enter a word in the search box and receive the translation.
- Feast Day Calendar (Moveable) and Feast Day Lists (Fixed and Moveable) will help you translate dates written in feast day form.
- Sweden surnames are patronymic and change every generation, so carefully study Sweden Names, Personal.
- For help with reading the column headings found in more recent records, see Swedish Parish Register and Household Exam Roll Headings.
- Instructions, document examples, and translations are given for Reading Swedish Birth and Christening Records 1717, 1752, 1771, 1792, 1803, 1834, 1854.
Help Reading Old Handwriting[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Online Lessons - Reading Scandinavian Handwriting:
Help With Research Objectives and Strategies[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Ignaberga, Husförhörslängd 1822 -1826 , Ortregister