Ireland Tithe Applotment Books - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: It appears there are a number of waypoints that have the incorrect location or date or the indexed information doesn't match the images. How can I locate the correct information?
Answer 1: These records have the images of the original films. The correct location and dates can be verified by browsing through the film. All indexed records need to be checked with the images to confirm the correct location.
The following is a list of known discrepancies:
- Records found at the waypoint Fermanagh > Inishmacsaint, 1834 are from Donegal County not Fermanagh.
- Records found at Donegal > Drumhome, 1834 are from Leitrum > Drumlease.
- The records found at Kerry > Caher, 1826 contain records for Kerry > Caher up to image 12 and Tipperary, Caher for the remainder of the images.
- The records found at Kilkenny > Gaulskill, 1833 contain records for Kilkenny, Gaulskill up to image 11 and Kings (Offaly), Geashill for the remainder of the images.
- The records found at Roscommon > Killummod, 1842 contain records Killummod up to image 21 and Killuran, County Clare for the remainder of the images.
- Indexed records found at Roscommon > Taghmaconnell, 1828 show one of the Townlands as Goatlesanfozan. The correct name is Castlesampson.
- The Tipperary > Killavinogey, 1827 waypoints contains Tipperary > Killavinogey records from images 1-13. The rest of the images contain Killea records.
- Go to Ireland, Tithe Applotment Books, 1814-1855 collection at FamilySearch.org.