Kirksville Missouri Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location on Map
Address: 2000 E Normal, Kirksville, MO 63501
- Language: English
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-8:00pm
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center in advance at (660-216-4383.)
Closed all major holidays.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center may have some of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche previously ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: -- Local histories provided by local historians are available in the center for review.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 1 microfilm reader, 1 printer and 3 computers. A file with microfilms is available for use also
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
One consultant has extensive experience researching the local area. Another consultant has experience in portions of Iowa.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Adair county has a historical museum for research as well as the local library. Putnam, Scotland and Sullivan Counties also have historical museums.
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.