Record Office of Leicestershire Leicester & Rutland[edit | edit source]
Record Office of Leicestershire Leicester & Rutland
Leicester, Leicestershire LE18 2AH UK
Telephone: 0116 257 1080
Website: About the Record Office
- The service aim is to preserve and provide access to a wide range of resources for researching the history and culture of Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
David Wilson Library
University of Leicester Library
PO Box 248
Leicester, Leicestershire LE1 9QD UK
Telephone: 0116 252 2043
Website: David Wilson Library
Special Collections Online
- Includes Historical Directories of England and Wales, East Midlands Oral History Archive (EMOHA), etc.
Leicester Central Library
Leicester, Leicestershire LE1 6AA UK
Telephone: 0116 299 5401
Website: Leicester Central Library
Newarke Houses Museum
Leicester, Leicestershire LE2 7BY UK
Telephone: 116 225 4980
Website: Newarke Houses Museum
- The Newarke Houses Museum is a public museum in Leicester, England. It incorporates the museum of the Royal Leicestershire Regiment, and has a range of exhibits illustrating post-medieval and contemporary Leicester.
- The museum is composed of two historic houses, Wygston's Chantry House and Skeffington House and tells the social history of Leicester. Discover the history of the Regiment, including a recreation of a First World War trench with sound and lighting.
- The museum displays include a cinema experience, a collection of toys from Tudor to present day and a play area for children to try various games. Find out more about Leicester’s famous son Daniel Lambert and visit a 1950s street scene inspired by Wharf Street, Leicester.
For a long list of Leicestershire museums, go to List of museums in Leicestershire in Wikipedia.