Letter E Plantation, Maine

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

United States Genealogy Gotoarrow.png Maine Gotoarrow.png Franklin Gotoarrow.png Letter E Plantation

Not to be confused with E Plantation in Aroostock County, Maine.

Letter E Plantation is an extinct plantation, now an unorganized territory (township) in the West Central Franklin townships of Franklin County. Letter E Plantation was organized for election purposes from Township Letter E in 1861. In 1872 some of her land was set off to Madrid, Franklin County, Maine Genealogy. The plantation organization was surrendered after 1880, and by 1893 this area was taxed as "wild lands." It has since remained an unorganized territory called Township E.[1]

Records. Letter E Plantation records are preserved at the Division of Vital Statistics, in Augusta, Maine. A microfilm copy of those records containing births ca. 1801-1894, Bible records of people from Franklin Plantations, list of persons liable to enlistment in the militia, intentions of marriage 1855-1894, and marriage records ca.1870-1894 is available for a small fee through Family History Centers on FHL Film 0010860 Item 4.

Adjacent towns:  Franklin County:  Madrid Township | Phillips | Rangeley Plantation | Sandy River Plantation | Township 6 North of Weld | Township D | Oxford County:  Byron

References[edit | edit source]

  1. Township E, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 5 September 2013).