Logan Utah FamilySearch Library/Services
|Logan FamilySearch Library|
|50 North Main|
|Mon- Thurs: 10:00 am – 2 pm|
Please call for an appointment as we are limited in the number in our Library.
Online Film Ordering
- 1 Location and map:
- 2 Phone: 1-435-755-5594
- 3 Email: UT_Cache@familyhistorymail.org
- 4 Open hours:
- 5 Schedule
- 6 Quarterly Training Meetings
- 7 Staff Training Meetings
- 8 Staff Research Specialists
- 9 Weekly Email Newsletter
- 10 Video History - Record Your Personal History on a DVD
- 11 Call the Library at (435-755-5594) to schedule a time.
- 12 Review these basic instructions to help you prepare.
- 13 * Video History Sample Questions.
- 14 * Tips for Video History Interview
Location and map:[edit | edit source]
- 50 N. Main St., PO Box 3397, Logan, UT 84323-3397, United States Directions
Phone: 1-435-755-5594[edit | edit source]
Email: UT_Cache@familyhistorymail.org[edit | edit source]
Open hours:[edit | edit source]
- Mon: 9:30am-5pm
- Tue: 9:30am-9pm
- Wed: 9:30am-9pm
- Thur: 9:30am-9pm
- Fri: 9:30am-5pm
- Sat: 9:30am-5pm
Schedule[edit | edit source]
The Library will be closed on:
- General Conference - Saturday, April 2
- Memorial Day - Saturday - Monday, May 28-30
- Summerfest - Wednesday - Saturday, June 15-18
- Independence Day - Saturday - Monday July 2 - 4
- Pioneer Day - Saturday - Monday, July 23 - July 25
- Labor Day - Saturday - Monday, September 3 - 5
- General Conference - Saturday, Oct 1
- Thanksgiving - Wednesday - Saturday, November 23 - 26
- Christmas - Monday - Saturday, December 12 - 17 with 5 PM closure
- Christmas - Monday - Saturday, December 19 - 31
- New Year's Weekend - Monday, January 2
Quarterly Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Individuals invited[edit | edit source]
- Stake and Ward Priesthood Leaders with Family History Responsibility
- Temple and Family History Consultants
- Staff serving at Family History Centers
- Anyone interested in learning more about family history
- Held in the general assembly room in the Tabernacle on each 5th Wednesday
- March 30th, Jun 29th, August 31st, November 30th
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
- Held at the Tabernacle on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9 a.m.
- We invite staff members from other family history centers
- Anyone interested in learning more about family history is certainly welcome to join us.
Staff Research Specialists[edit | edit source]
For assistance with specific languages or areas of research please call the Library at 435-755-5594
Weekly Email Newsletter [edit | edit source]
- Current event announcements
- Suggestions for Family History research
- Family History Internet Site Suggestions
- Submit family name Query
- Classes being taught
You can also view past issues.
Video History - Record Your Personal History on a DVD[edit | edit source]
What is a Video History?
- A Video History (as recorded at the Logan FamilySearch Library), is a digital record of a person's life experiences. The depth and detail of each history is determined by the person being recorded and the individual who is assisting by raising questions, providing support and encouragement, and gently guiding the interview with a predetermined list of questions.
Why create an Video History?
- Cicero, a Roman statesman who lived over 2000 years ago said “Not to know what happened before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of the human soul unless it is woven into the lives of his ancestors?” Creating your personal history is a way of creating bonds between you and your descendants so that their lives can be woven into and connected to yours.
- There are many reasons for creating a Video History. The primary reason that the acoustic Video History Room at our Library was set up is to provide people an opportunity to share, on DVD or flash drive, some of their personal history with living relatives and their descendants.
Creating a Video History at our Logan FamilySearch Library
- A Video History may consist of a single session (1-2hr) or multiple sessions. It may be recorded at the Logan FamilySearch Library utilizing our staff and equipment, or may be recorded at home or in the outdoors using your own family's equipment and technical expertise. A staff member at the Logan FamilySearch Library will be happy to discuss some of the available options to you.
- DVD format: Upon completion of the video session, a staff member will transfer the recording to a DVD for you to keep. There is no charge to record or transfer the history to a DVD.
Outreach Video History
- The Logan FamilySearch Library provides the service of taking video recording equipment to local assisted living an nursing homes. Thus, offering limited-mobility residents the opportunity to record their histories for posterity.
Call the Library at (435-755-5594) to schedule a time. [edit | edit source]
Review these basic instructions to help you prepare.[edit | edit source]
Links to additional websites with Oral/Video History Questionaires: