Maryland, United States Genealogy
|Maryland Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Maryland ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Maryland Information[edit | edit source]
Maryland was the seventh state admitted to the United States on April 28, 1788. Maryland was created from the Maryland Colony and is located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. The state of Maryland consists of twenty three counties and Baltimore City, which became an independent city on July 4, 1851. The capital of Maryland is Annapolis. 
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
Getting Started with Maryland Research
Links to articles on getting started with Maryland research.
Maryland Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Maryland research.
Maryland Clickable Map[edit | edit source]
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Counties[edit | edit source]
- Anne Arundel
- Baltimore (City)
- Prince George's
- Queen Anne's
- St. Mary's
Maryland Migration Routes[edit | edit source]
- Bank Road
- Braddock's Road
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal
- Fall Line Road
- Gist's Trace
- Memacolinis Path
- Great Indian Warpath
- Great Valley Road
- King's Highway
- Maryland Road
- National Road
- Cumberland Road
- Old Northwestern Turnpike
- Baltimore and Harrisburg Railway
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad
- Atlantic Coast Ports
- Potomac River
- Southern Road
FamilySearch Resources[edit | edit source]
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
Additional Resources[edit | edit source]
- 2001-2014 – Currentobituary.com index, 2001-2014 at FamilySearch – Index
- Cyndi's List – Maryland genealogy sites on the internet
- Maryland Genealogy Trails – Collection of transcribed data for the state of Maryland
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Maryland
- The Ancestor Hunt – Resources for Maryland genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness – Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Maryland
- Maryland Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- Archives of Maryland Online - Provides access to thousands of Maryland historical documents
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Maryland " in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland (accessed 15 March 2016).
- Historical marker, Towson Courthouse, Baltimore County Historical Society.
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 09/18/2016.