Maryland Register of Wills Records - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Notes[edit | edit source]
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final waypoint in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm which can be viewed at the Family History Library or some FamilySearch Centers.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer 1: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
Baltimore > Orphans' Court proceedings 1805-1808 vol 6 Pages 28-29 that would fit between images 15 and 16 online were not available or were missed in the original filming of these records and are not available on microfilm.
Cecil > Wills 1675-1745 vol 1 pages 127-128 were missed in the filming and are not available on microfilm.
Kent > Bonds is missing years 1767-1777 between volumes 5 and 6. In the waypoint Bonds 1664-1708, the original record keeper started recording bonds for the years 1773-1776 at the end of the ledger where the bonds for the years 1664-1798 were recorded. Image 87 shows page 162 on the left side of the record and is dated 1708. The right side page 163 is dated 1773 and the images up to 160 are dated to 1776.
Kent > Wills 1777-1781 Vol 6 and Wills 1827-1835 Vol 11 has a volume gap. Volume 7 is available on Film 14159, which may be viewed at the Family History Library. FamilySearch does not possess volumes 8-10.
Queen Anne’s > Account and Bond index 1741-1790 and Wills, 1706-1734 Vol SC are not available for viewing online due to contract restrictions.
- Account and bond index 1741-1790 is on Film 14316
- Wills, 1706-1734 Vol SC is on Film 14159.
Somerset > Index A-W is missing the pages with the letter “R” and are not available on microfilm.
Washington > Administration accounts 1778-1795 vol 1 pages 229-230 which should fit between images 129 and 130 online are missing in the original filming of these records and are not available on microfilm.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: The Event Type and Year Range (waypoint) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer 2: The following list of known waypoint discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Administration bonds 1721-1767 vol 1 should read as Administration bonds 1667-1775 A-D.
- Administration bonds 1767-1774 vol 2 should read as Administration bonds 1667-1775 K-R.
- Administration bonds 1741-1765 vol 3 should read as Administration bonds 1675-1784 A-S.
- Administration bonds 1769-1772 vol 4 should read as Administration bonds 1675-1784 A, R-Y.
- Administration bonds 1760-1779 vol 5 should read as Administration bonds 1721-1785 B-Y.
- Administration bonds 1779-1786 vol 6 should read as Administration bonds 1741-1786 A-Y.
- Administration bonds 1786-1799 vol 7 should read as Administration bonds 1780-1799 A-Z
Frederick > Will indexes and Will volumes contain various types of books in these collections. The Will Indexes use the titles of the books. If you will compare the Film titles in the Catalog section Wills 1737-1918 ; indexes 1747-1930 https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/13610 with the year and vol numbers listed in the online waypoints you should be able to match the records.
- Go to the Maryland Register of Wills Records - FamilySearch Historical Records article
- Go to the Maryland Register of Wills Books, 1629-1999 collection at FamilySearch.org